Friday, December 2, 2011

Ghana Thanksgiving

One of the things I was really dreading was missing my family and friends on Thanksgiving. Most of all, I was worried about eating banku when what I would want was turkey. Luckily, our coordinator, Auntie Theresa, was born in the US AND had a big enough house that we could all come over for Thanksgiving, not only to eat, but to cook!

Niya and I on the ride to Auntie Theresa's. She taught me how to type my scarf. I am basically African now. African American, at least.


We ate all of these potatoes, in one way or another.


Cooking in one of two kitchens!


Grace's mango pie! Someone ate my leftovers of this outta the fridge. We're contemplating making something filled with laxatives and leaving it in there for revenge.


Mashing some of those potatoes!


The bird!


Hanging out in the gazebo before dinner!



Food before, and after




Some of the highlights: turkey and pork, spicy collard greens, delicious stuffing, the richest mac and cheese I've ever had, drop biscuits, mango pie,a nd carrot cake! I made a cob with butternut squash, brie cheese, raisins soaked in red wine and groundnut pate layered and baked in a bread roll. YUM

1 comment:

  1. LAX-A-TIVES! LAX-A-TIVES! LAX-A-TIVES!

    Glad you had a grrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaanddddddddddddd evening!!

    ReplyDelete